- Planning, generating and executing publication contents on Chinese art works and traditional culture by conducting research, interviews, writing, editing and translating relevant materials from the UK, China and other countries.
- Checking libraries, archives and art collections in the UK and China, including paper copies and online materials, both English and Chinese, to gather useful research materials for the company.
- Sourcing images from worldwide to accompany written pieces.
- Creating content for magazine’s website and other online platform.
- Attending seminars, conferences, press launches, art fairs, exhibitions and other scheduled public events both in China and the UK.
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments relating to the UK-China cultural and art
- Creating and maintain a network of contacts such as museums, galleries, academic institutes, collectors, artists
- Working on other areas of art and culture as required by the company
- Generating ideas for future stories and features.
- Meeting and liaising with other staff including designers, photographers, editors and contributors.
- Proofreading all pages before going to publish.
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaker
- 5 years editorial or research work experience on Chinese art and culture
- Ability to research and write to excellent standard on Chinese art and culture
- Record of publications in English and Chinese on relevant subjects
- Excellent networking in related fields
- Experiences of working in UK and China
- Can travel at short notice and spend substantial time for business trips in China and other countries when required by the company
- Degrees of BA and MA related to Chinese art and culture
Salary: £32,000 to £42,000 per year
Application closes: 2 June 2017